Post Black Metal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Post Black Metal

Post Black Metal community

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

God is an Astronaut (Ireland)

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Gauffre

Gauffre

God is an Astronaut (Ireland) Empty
MessageSujet: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 12:53

Probably one of the biggest post rock band existing now beside the genre giants Mogwai and Sigur Rós (which I found really booooring).
Seeing their huge popularity on Lastfm, I was scared at first.
But I finally had to admit that their music is somehow perfect in the genre.

Wikitime
God Is an Astronaut are an instrumental/post-rock band from the Glen of the Downs, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
After forming in 2002, God is an Astronaut took the inspiration for its name from a famous quote in the movie Nightbreed.[1][2] God is an Astronaut's debut album The End of the Beginning was released in (2002) on the Revive Records label which is independently owned by the band. Two music videos for "The End of the Beginning" and "From Dust to the Beyond" produced by the band received airplay on MTV UK and on other MTV Europenetworks.

All Is Violent, All Is Bright (2005) is the band's second album. The single "Fragile" from the album received plays on MTV2 UK's 120 minute show and MTV's show The Comedown. God Is an Astronaut released an EP called A Moment of Stillness in 2006. Their third album, Far from Refuge, was released in April 2007 on Revive Records and as a download via their website. Their fourth, self-titled album God Is an Astronaut was released November 7, 2008 on Revive Records. On February 12, 2010, a single was released on their website titled In The Distance Fading, the second song from their fifth album, called Age of the Fifth Sun, released on May 17, 2010.

2011 saw two changes to God is an Astronaut's lineup. Drummer Lloyd Hanney left the band due to personal commitments and was replaced by Michael Fenton.[3] Keyboardist Jamie Dean joined the band for live shows, allowing the band to perform more keyboard-focused tracks on tour.[4]

TO LISTEN :
NOTHING, I CAN'T POST EXTERNAL LINK ! Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/Gauffre
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 13:05

Problem is resolved for external links, it was hard to find the right section but now it seems to be good! So you can share as many links as you want Wink

Very great band by the way, I like the album "Age of the fifth sun".
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 14:34

I saw them live in Warsaw, Poland, not knowing what to expect, since despite their being a very mellow band I had heard they are incredible live. Sure enough, they were loaded with energy, and not only that, they were ridiculously loud. The synths were still present, but much of the focus was on the guitars, and in the end it sounded more like Post Metal, like Russian Circles, than how they sound on the studio albums. It was actually the greatest show I have ever attended, never have I seen a small audience so alive and involved!
B.M.

B.M.

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeMar 13 Sep - 19:00

I'm in love with "All is violent, all is bright" album... It's so beautiful. I just can't understand how did they created such amazing music...
https://facebook.com/bm.annorkoth
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeMar 13 Sep - 20:19

B.M. a écrit:
I'm in love with "All is violent, all is bright" album... It's so beautiful. I just can't understand how did they created such amazing music...
My first post-rock album. Very Happy
Mono

Mono

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeVen 21 Oct - 11:40

God is an Asronaut was the first Post Rock band I got to know and is still one of my favourites. Their popularity is justified: They are brilliant Very Happy
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitimeJeu 31 Oct - 10:22

I like all the records but I'm a bit disappointed by the new album Crying or Very sad 
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: God is an Astronaut (Ireland)   God is an Astronaut (Ireland) I_icon_minitime

God is an Astronaut (Ireland)
Page 1 sur 1