Post Black Metal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Post Black Metal

Post Black Metal community

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

Austere (Austrailia)

+4
CrippledChild
Gauffre
Abyssos
Dissolution1
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Dissolution1

Austere (Austrailia) Empty
MessageSujet: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 1:30

Amazing band. If i wasnt a new member i'd post a link, but look up the album To Lay Like Old Ashes. Incredible.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 10:31

Yes they were amazing, too bat that they splitted up...
But the side project "Grey Waters" is as good as Austere in an other musical kind
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Gauffre

Gauffre

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 11:42

To Lay Like Old Ashes was absolutely great, though I think it was more kind of depressive black metal.
http://www.lastfm.fr/user/Gauffre
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 13:07

I agree with you, Austere has nothing to do with post black metal except the fact that the band has some post rock influences in a few tracks. But yes, they're more a depressive black metal band, or at least, they used to be...
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
CrippledChild

CrippledChild

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeMar 13 Sep - 12:44

It was such a great band!
Too bad they split up after releasing their best album. It would be nice if they released another one that great and then disbanded.
ulcer

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeJeu 15 Sep - 21:12

They were pretty "post" imo, their sound is too modern and the "almost perpetual" clean vocals confirms it!
"Just for a moment" its beyond black metal, love that song.
B.M.

B.M.

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 6:09

CrippledChild, listen to Woods Of desolation - Torn Beyond reason (2011) - I think this album should be under the name Austere, because it sounds so ... "auster-ish". Don't know why they're released it under the name Woods of desolation...
https://facebook.com/bm.annorkoth
Boleas

Boleas

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 6:12

One of my favourite bands right now, the album To Lay Like Old Ashes is simply amazing...
ulcer

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 13:40

B.M. a écrit:
CrippledChild, listen to Woods Of desolation - Torn Beyond reason (2011) - I think this album should be under the name Austere, because it sounds so ... "auster-ish". Don't know why they're released it under the name Woods of desolation...

In Austere we're 2 or 3 guys, WoD is a one man band project and yes it owns! my favorite songs is "Somehow"
CrippledChild

CrippledChild

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 15:27

B.M. a écrit:

Yes, I've listened to that album many times.
It's awesome! Smile
B.M.

B.M.

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 17:31

ulcer, O_o I thought there are the same guys that were in Austere... But one-man band...holy shit.

CrippledChild, but what do you think about it's, hmm, "placement"? Should it be in Austere or not, what do you think about this?
https://facebook.com/bm.annorkoth
ulcer

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 17:49

Well, its basically the same guy, but Austere had a real drummer and a vocalist.
Dysfunktion

Dysfunktion

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 18:06

In fact, most the stuff on Torn Beyond Reason was written for Austere. Although I'm with you guys, after the split-up WoD was the only logical choice to release it. The sadest thing about it is - as Tim has said it in several interviews - that if there is another WoD album in the future, it probably will sound way different.

That aside, Austere as well as Woods of Desolation are definitely one of my favourite acts overall.
http://urban-desolation.blogspot.com/
ulcer

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 19:51

Hey, awesome blog! *bookmark*
CrippledChild

CrippledChild

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitimeVen 16 Sep - 22:31

B.M. a écrit:
ulcer, O_o I thought there are the same guys that were in Austere... But one-man band...holy shit.

CrippledChild, but what do you think about it's, hmm, "placement"? Should it be in Austere or not, what do you think about this?

Well, as someone said, the most of the songs WERE written for Austere, but I'm sure there was a reason why it wasn't released by name Austere. It may be for personal reasons, I don't know. Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Austere (Austrailia)   Austere (Austrailia) I_icon_minitime

Austere (Austrailia)
Page 1 sur 1