Post Black Metal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Post Black Metal

Post Black Metal community

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Confusion

3 participants
AuteurMessage
sanguineheart

sanguineheart

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeSam 8 Oct - 18:56

I'm a little confused to the point of this forum at the moment -- we're creating full threads/subjects for each band. Won't this get a bit ridiculous as the forum grows, especially with metal-archives.com and last.fm available? It will get a bit redundant, even if there are options to add youtube videos of the band's songs, etc. The threads that require open communication between members are doing okay (I think), but there's obviously not a lot of movement going on and it's not because we don't have enough members or that we have nothing to say.

Does anyone else agree with me, or... No ???
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.last.fm/user/sanguineheart
CrippledChild

CrippledChild

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeSam 8 Oct - 19:09

Well I think that this news thread is quite useful, and Bands forum is ok because it's only for Post Black Metal bands.
But I don't think that Other bands... is really needed because there are a lot of topics that no-one has posted in and there are topics which are rarely visited and therefore don't serve any purpose. Same thing for Post rock bands and Shoegaze bands.
Maybe it would be for the best if we had one topic for each genre where fresh news will be posted (Doom, Shoegaze, Post-Rock, Black Metal, Avantgarde etc.) That way there wouldn't be many inactive topics.
Invité

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeSam 8 Oct - 20:17

sanguineheart a écrit:
I'm a little confused to the point of this forum at the moment -- we're creating full threads/subjects for each band. Won't this get a bit ridiculous as the forum grows, especially with metal-archives.com and last.fm available? It will get a bit redundant, even if there are options to add youtube videos of the band's songs, etc. The threads that require open communication between members are doing okay (I think), but there's obviously not a lot of movement going on and it's not because we don't have enough members or that we have nothing to say.

Does anyone else agree with me, or... No ???

I agree, and I say we do away with the one thread per band system. If anything, I think that keeping things that way serves to lessen discussion and potentially drive people away from posting, as they must keep their posts within such a narrow range of topics. I don't think there would be any harm if, say, someone wished to create a thread comparing Les Discrets and Alcest, another discussing all the projects Neige has been in, and yet another dissecting Le Secret, etc. That way everything isn't so crammed, and we have a bit more freedom in where the conversation can go..
sanguineheart

sanguineheart

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeSam 8 Oct - 20:43

In my head, I see something like this:
Confusion Forum_12
But with "MUSIC" added,..

If you open "GENERAL" you see....
Confusion Genera10

You could modify MUSIC to also have Rules & Updates (a necessary redundancy to show people how/when to post, not to spam, etc.) and have sticky posts for genres (post-black metal, shoegaze, post-rock, other) which means users are constantly adding content with their replies, not with new subjects. The general user-created subjects would instead range for general music-related stuff -- translations, concert excitement, concert photography, additional Alcest nerdery outside of the 'post-black metal' thread (haha), whatever. If certain topics consistently pop up, you know you've got a stick-able thread. Those can be unstickied, you know, or deleted if it gets "too big" (after 30+ pages, prolly) and a new one can easily be created by someone else (and later stickied by an admin).

JUST AN IDEA. bounce
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeDim 9 Oct - 14:40

Totally not agre with you dude ! If you think it's boring, feel free to go away, no one oblige you to stay here... I think that this board is still interesting.
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
sanguineheart

sanguineheart

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeDim 9 Oct - 16:15

Abyssos a écrit:
Totally not agre with you dude ! If you think it's boring, feel free to go away, no one oblige you to stay here... I think that this board is still interesting.
I didn't say it's boring at all, I just think it's sometimes confusing finding things and discussions are sectioned off too precisely. It was just an idea; I had fun playing around in GIMP, but it's no chip on my shoulder if you don't agree with me.
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitimeDim 9 Oct - 16:49

I think it's the better way because new members can easily find what they want directly, without searching some subjects ect ect. Plus, we could easily "lose" some discussions if you'll do the way you explain. Trust me, I'll do my best to keep this place the more interesting possible...
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Contenu sponsorisé

Confusion Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Confusion   Confusion I_icon_minitime

Confusion
Page 1 sur 1