Post Black Metal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Post Black Metal

Post Black Metal community

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

Slowdive (United Kingdom)

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

Slowdive (United Kingdom) Empty
MessageSujet: Slowdive (United Kingdom)   Slowdive (United Kingdom) I_icon_minitimeDim 11 Sep - 21:50

Slowdive were an English shoegaze band that formed in 1989. The band formed in Reading, Berkshire and primarily consisted of Nick Chaplin (bass), Rachel Goswell (vocals, guitar), Neil Halstead (vocals, guitar), and Christian Savill (guitar). Several drummers played with the band, including Ian McCutcheon, Adrian Sell, and most notably Simon Scott who drummed on the first and second albums. Halstead was the band's primary songwriter.

Goswell and Halstead had known each other since early childhood in Reading, Berkshire, when Goswell was an obsessive fan of The Smiths. Scott left in 1994 and when Savill and Chaplin left the band after the release of Pygmalion, the remaining members renamed the band Mojave 3.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Nostalgiker

Slowdive (United Kingdom) Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Slowdive (United Kingdom)   Slowdive (United Kingdom) I_icon_minitimeLun 3 Oct - 17:32

This is why they call it "Dream Pop". Definitely the most atmospheric & dreamful band from this genre. There's no comparable melancholic spirit to find in any of the 80's and 90's like-minded. One of my personal favourites.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.andrarakh.de

Slowdive (United Kingdom)
Page 1 sur 1