Post Black Metal
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Post Black Metal

Post Black Metal community

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Agalloch (United States)

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

Agalloch (United States) Empty
MessageSujet: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeDim 11 Sep - 21:28

Agalloch (United States) Largeagalloch

Year of creation: 1995

Genre: Atmospheric Folk/Dark Metal/ Some post black influences...

Lyrical themes: Nature, Loss, , Death, Winter

Current label: Records

Agalloch (also Agallocha, Agallochum) is a soft, resinous wood of highly aromatic smell, and is used as incense and perfume in many Asian countries.

Of the four original members, three are from Montana.
Shane Breyer is on "sabbatical" due to lack of interest in music.

Dernière édition par Abyssos le Lun 12 Sep - 10:39, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://postblackmetal.forumsactifs.com
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 3:43

So what is everyone's favourite Agalloch album? I would have to saw mine is the cliche choice, The Mantle, as it is an incredibly solid album that molds several genres in a highly successful manner. It is produced more then some other albums in the genre, but the emotions still ring strongly within and the instrumentation is beautiful. In terms of songs, it boasts some of my favourites, especially "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion", "A Desolation Song", and "The Great Cold Death of the Earth", with "A Desolation Song" being at the moment possibly my overall favourite song.

The other albums are of course great as well. The White is pleasant, serene, calming, Ashes Against the Grain is incredibly solid and utilizes a strong post rock influence, Pale Folklore is raw and yet offers some nice differences, such as the female opera vocals, and Marrow of the Spirit has "To Drown", with it's string based death march towards it's conclusion. Overall, they are an awesome band.
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 10:37

Very nice description of the band's discography dude Smile

My favourite one is Ashes Against the Grain because to me, it's only a one huge amazing track album. Even if some tracks are better than the others "Falling Snow" ; "Not unlike the waves" (my favourite one) ; "Limbs"... I agree with you for the post rock influence on this record and it's maybe this influence which make of this record my favourite one!
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 14:30

Abyssos a écrit:
Very nice description of the band's discography dude Smile

My favourite one is Ashes Against the Grain because to me, it's only a one huge amazing track album. Even if some tracks are better than the others "Falling Snow" ; "Not unlike the waves" (my favourite one) ; "Limbs"... I agree with you for the post rock influence on this record and it's maybe this influence which make of this record my favourite one!

That riff in "Not Unlike The Waves" is incredible, and it has some of the best clean vocal parts that they have ever done.
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeLun 12 Sep - 15:11

I agree and it's even better on the DVD live Smile stunning !
deplo

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeSam 17 Sep - 13:54

Pale Folklore!

It's just the most nostalgic one, music-wise it's one of those few albums that really succeeded in combining different genres yet stays under the flag of atmospheric black metal! "The Misshapen Steed" introduced me to a whole world of neoclassic/dark ambient music! Tracks like "She Painted", "As Embers", "Hallways"... are catchy, deep and mesmerizing!

The first demo is awesome (thanks to This Old Cabin), The Mantle is a very solid album, way better than Ashes which is my least favorite (except for tracks like Falling Snow and Not Unlike The Waves), and what can I say about Marrow other than it's awesome, YET the only problem with it is that it needs a special mood (except the most accessible one which is of course, Ghosts Of The Midwinter Fires)

So for me it's like:

Pale Folklore => The Mantle / Marrow => Ashes (I really still can't decide whether I prefer The Mantle over Marrow or vice versa, it's complex No )

I almost love all of their non-LP releases (except The Grey; I just find it to be OK)
guarin_felipe

guarin_felipe

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeMer 21 Sep - 4:38

Ashes Against the Grain and The mantle

two MASTERPIECES!!!

btw... I think that only the last album of Agalloch have post rock influence
https://www.youtube.com/user/guarinfel
Abyssos
Admin
Abyssos

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeMer 21 Sep - 11:37

Ashes Of The Graint has some post rock influence my friend
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeMer 21 Sep - 11:59

Abyssos a écrit:
Ashes Of The Graint has some post rock influence my friend

Definitely, just listen to the first track even, and tell me that "Limbs" does not sound post rockish. :p
Axe

Axe

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitimeJeu 22 Sep - 12:08

The Mantle is my favorite, but I truly love everything I've heard from them. The Mantle is just special to me. It created such an atmosphere and stirred up emotions like few things have ever been able to do. Also, a lot of the lyrics and feelings match the way I feel. It's almost like it's a musical expression of my thoughts.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Agalloch (United States)   Agalloch (United States) I_icon_minitime

Agalloch (United States)
Page 1 sur 1